Since November 2011, Melbourne Victory and the Victorian Government have worked in partnership to raise awareness of problem gambling and promote Gambler's Help services.
A particular focus has been engaging young people through social media and a player ambassador program. Captain Adrian Leijer and teammates Matthew Foschini and Marco Rojas have been pivotal in this role.
Key activities of the partnership have included:
- Emails to Victory’s subscribers promoting the partnership with Gambler’s Help and giving responsible gambling messages
- Signage at AAMI Stadium promoting Gambling Help Online
- An educational session given by Gambler’s Help to the team to discuss the risks associated with gambling
- Promotion of Gambler’s Help services on the Victory website
- Match day sponsorship of a Melbourne Victory home game at AAMI Stadium