Gambler's Help is a free and confidential gambling service that offers a range of specialised counselling services to people with a gambling concern as well as their partners and close family members across Victoria.
For health and welfare professionals, Gamblers Help provide a range of services below.
Do you want training in how to recognise, diagnose and refer clients that present with gambling concern?Gambler's Help practitioners run workshops, forums and training sessions for health and welfare professionals in:
- At risk and problem gambling interventions and casework practices
- Development and implementation of referral and service coordination protocols, and
- Introduction of screening practices.
The Gambler's Help Community education program delivers a range of planned activities that increase awareness of at risk and problem gambling, responsible gambling and the Gambler's Help service system, and build community resistance to problem gambling.
Specialist therapeutic counselling services offers support for health and welfare workers who deal with clients experiencing co-presenting issues via:
- Gambler's Help outreach services to agencies already engaging with clients experiencing gambling related harm
- Specialist secondary consultation
- Specialist clinical gambling interventions in relevant service settings
- New practice and clinical approaches, including single session and co-counselling, and
- Training and skills development.
Where possible, services are co-located with other relevant health and welfare services to encourage a holistic approach to case management and referral.