Carlton Football Club 'Love the Game' competition terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Victorian residents aged 18 years or over. Any individuals under the age of 18 years may participate in the competition with a parent as the formal entrant.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The promotion will be conducted across a 6 day period (“Entry Period”). Entries will open and close on the dates and times outlined in the table below.
Entry Period 1
5pm AEDST on 17/03/17
5pm AEDST on 23/03/17
- A training / skills session at Ikon Park, subject to weather conditions, for the winner and their AFL team (up to 22 individuals in total).
- To enter, individuals must tag their local grass roots AFL football club in the comments section of the Foundation Facebook post and like the Foundation’s Facebook page.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Multiple entries from a participant or entrant are not permitted within the entry period.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The entries received during the Entry Period will be drawn at random. The judging will take place at Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation, Level 6, 14-20 Blackwood Street North Melbourne, VIC 3051 on Friday 24 March 2017.
- The winners will be notified on Friday 24 March 2017 by the Foundation via the designated Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation social media post.
- The date of the prize will need to be agreed by both Carlton Football Club and the winner and must be taken within the period of 3 – 17 April 2017.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- One (1) valid entry will win:
Entry Period 1
A training / skills session at Ikon Park, subject to weather conditions, for the winner and their AFL team (up to 22 individuals in total).
- Transport to and from the venue are not included as part of this prize. Winners must find their own transportation to venue.
- If for any reason a winners does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Total prize is a money-can’t-buy experience.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to Photographs and comments (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original work of the entrant or the entrant has obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
- Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking and/or use of a prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The promoter is Victoria Responsible Gambling Foundation (ABN 72 253 301 291) of Level 6, 14-20 Blackwood St, North Melbourne, VIC 3051 (“Promoter”).