It can be difficult to tell if a young person has a gambling related issue, but there are some signs to look out for.
Are your children:
- Spending lots of time talking or thinking about gambling?
- Obsessing over simulated gambling apps and games?
- Obsessing about odds when watching sport instead of focusing on the game?
- Borrowing or taking money from family and friends?
- Lying or being secretive about gambling activities?
- Having mood swings, or stressed when not gambling?
- Suffering forms of depression, including isolation from friends?
- Missing school or grades falling due to time spent gambling?
- Any other changes in behaviour that you worry about?
Download the fact sheet
What to look for (PDF - 523.6 KB)