Our strategic objectives guide our work and reflect the issues we are addressing within the gambling environment.
Our 2017–2018 strategic plan builds on our public health approach and emphasises partnerships as key to achieving our vision of a Victoria free from gambling harm.
Our focus in 2017–2018 is to:
1. Strengthen and use the evidence base for reducing gambling harm
- Build the gambling knowledge base
- Build research capacity
- Use evidence to develop effective initiatives to reduce harm
2. Deliver prevention initiatives that build community awareness of gambling harm
- Promote and monitor safer gambling environments
- Influence community attitudes and behaviours towards gambling
3. Deliver effective support for those seeking help
- Provide a range of treatment and support services across multiple delivery platforms
- Build capacity for collaboration among health and community services professionals to improve pathways
4. Advocate within government for policy reform
- Develop evidence-based policy positions to advise governments on reducing harm from gambling.
Download our Strategic plan 2017–2018 (PDF - 1553.5 KB)
View our Annual Report 2016–2017 (PDF - 4309.3 KB)